INTRODUCTION TO ENAMELLING WORKSHOP
>> FRENCH ONLY
ChildRen or adults groups
Workshop led by a craftman, just nearby the cavern.
- An initial segment is dedicated to depicting the professions connected to Volvic rock.
- A second segment involves a practical activity during which each participant is able to create his or her own enamelled lava.
Visitors discover the technique for “cloisonné” enamelling applied to a lava plaque first coated in a “slip”. The apprentice enamellers first make a pencil drawing on a plaque then apply coloured enamels to the rock. We also have models available for copying. Lastly, the plaque is baked at 980° C in order to fix the colours.
- School groups (from elementary to high school). Duration : 1:15. Lava slab : 10x10cm
- Adults : two options :
• Premium package > size of the slab : 20 x 20 cm >> duration : 2:00
• Beginners package > size of the slab : 10 x 10 cm >> duration : 1:15
• Supplementary activity to the Grotte visit
• Supervised by a professional artisan
• Satisfaction of designing one’s own item
• This workshop can take place at the Lemptégy Volcano (on request)
• Booking : 04 73 62 78 20
NEW IN 2016 :
GEOCACHING EVENT « LA PIERRE ENIGMATIQUE »
>> FRENCH ONLY
Only for groups of children
Are you looking for an original and educational activity for your classes? The geocaching activity allows children to combine reflection and dynamism with teamwork.
A treasure hunt for modern times
Acting as “young novices in training”, they will be stimulated :
- by training from master artisans on how to work “the good rock”,
- by the science behind the origin of Volvic lava,
- by its connection with the famous Volvic water.
Use GPS to find a cache.
- Conjure the craftsmanship surrounding Volvic rock.
- Dive into the history of a region and identify its natural characteristics.
- Solve mathematical or linguistic riddles while working in small groups.
- Place : Chalet des eaux de volvic – 63530 Volvic
- Duration : 2h
- Booking : (+33) 4 73 62 78 20